Tween/Teen Writing Challenge
Imagine your own story based on one of the six writing prompts below. Open to ages 9- 18. Your entry should be between 500- 1000 words, and have your name, age, and which writing prompt you chose at the top of the first page. You may submit up to three entries for consideration. The winning story or stories will be published in the library’s fall newsletter and the author will receive a prize.
The deadline for submission is Monday, July 20th.
- As soon as I boarded the train, I began my letter to my sister. I did it. I sold everything and am on my way to…
- Write a story that involves a flashlight, a pair of blue shoes, and a library card.
- What if a cruise ship full of celebrities got stuck at sea for two weeks?
- Write a story that involves a post office, a banana, and a baseball glove.
- I was running out of time. They’d said they’d give me until sundown, and that was only a few hours away. I had to…
- Write a story that involves a car chase, an umbrella, and a barking dog.