November 9, 2020
Good morning everyone!
Here are a few updates and reminders for this week at the library.
All Caroline Library branches will be CLOSED on Wednesday, November 11th for Veterans Day. Wi-Fi access will be available at all branches; access information is posted on the front door.
Hours of Operation
Please remember that our hours are limited during this phase of reopening. Because staff members need to clean and disinfect the library every evening, not all library services are available right up to closing time. Services like copying, faxing, and scanning stop at ten minutes before closing. Checkouts stop at five minutes before closing. Computer labs are also shut down before closing time so that the stations can be sanitized. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. We are continuing to try and provide the best and safest possible service at this time.
- The Bowling Green, Dawn, and Ladysmith branches are open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. The Port Royal branch is open 9:00am to 2:00pm on Mondays and Tuesdays and 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- All returns should be placed in book drops outside of the library. Materials will not be accepted inside the branches.
- All returns are held in quarantine for one week after they are retrieved from the book drop. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to stop our automated system from sending due date and overdue notices for materials that are in quarantine. As long as you have returned items to the book drop by the due date, no late fines will be charged to your account.
- Donations are not accepted at any library branches. There is not a good way to disinfect books and other materials without damaging them at this time. Please hold on to your donations or feel free to donate them to another organization.
- Services like notary and one-on-one computer help are still not available unless it can be done in a socially distant manner.
- Seating inside the library is extremely limited or not available because of social distancing requirements. Call ahead to your branch to see if tables are available.
Have a great week!