November 30, 2020
Good morning everyone,
Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in Caroline County and in County offices, the Library has closed all branches to the public. Curbside service will be available from 9:00am to 5:00pm at the Bowling Green, Dawn, and Ladysmith branches. This service will end after Friday, December 4th. Come by this week to pick up your December reading materials! If you can’t make it, don’t fear- you can still access all of the library’s electronic resources from home with your library card.
Here are some quick reminders about curbside service:
- Place your requests over the phone or with your online account. Staff will call you to let you know when your materials are ready for pickup.
- Once you arrive, call the library to let them know. You’ll need to give them your library card number so that the items can be checked out on your card.
- Wait inside your vehicle until the staff member has brought out your materials, placed them on the table or bench for pickup, and then returned inside the building. Staff will not come out of the buildings if you are outside your vehicle.
- If you have any items to return, please do so in our book drops. Returns should not be left on the pickup tables.
A few other things to let you know about:
- The Port Royal branch will not provide curbside service at this time.
- Curbside faxing and printing are available at the Bowling Green and Ladysmith branches. Printing can only be done through email attachments- library staff will not search the internet for items you’d like printed.
- Since the buildings are closed, fines will not accumulate until we reopen. However, please feel free to return library materials in our book drops before then if you wish.
- If you haven’t picked up a Story Time or STEAM to Go kit, then drop by this week! We will not be giving them out after curbside service ends on December 4th.
- Wi-Fi is available in the front parking lots of all branches. Access information is posted on the door to each branch.
I thank you for your patience and cooperation as we try to keep our patrons and staff safe.