Library Branches Reopening
The Caroline County Library is glad to announce that several of our branches will reopen their doors beginning on Thursday, April 1st! The Dawn and Ladysmith branches will reopen on the 1st for the hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. The Port Royal library will reopen on Monday, April 5th with its normal Monday through Thursday hours. Patrons will be expected to comply with state and local safety measures, including social distancing and wearing masks when inside library branches.
At this time, the Bowling Green branch will remain curbside only due to the vaccination clinics taking place in the Community Services Center.
What to Expect When We Reopen:
- Plexiglas dividers at circulation desks
- Social distancing markers on the floor
- Hand sanitizer stations around the library
- All staff wearing masks
- Fewer computer stations available in our computer labs
We’ll also be continuing curbside pickup and the three-day quarantine of all returned materials.
What We’re Asking from You:
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patrons and library staff.
- All patrons over the age of 5 must wear a cloth face covering when inside the library. If you cannot or choose not to wear a mask, we ask that you please use our curbside service or call to make special arrangements for computer use.
- Call your local branch to make an appointment to use our computers. We cannot guarantee that a computer will be available unless you have an appointment.
- If you have any library items out, now is the time to return them! However, you won’t be able to return library books at the circulation desk. Please use the outside book drops or other designated return containers.
- Hold on to any items you wish to donate to the library. We won’t be accepting donations until later in our reopening process.
We look forward to seeing you back in the library soon!
Director, Caroline County Library