June 1, 2020 Curbside Service Resumes
Good morning everyone!
As you may have seen, Caroline County will begin a partial reopening of county buildings and services on Monday, June 1st. Under this Phase 1 plan, the library buildings will remain closed to the public, but we will resume curbside service for all checkouts. While there is still is some risk, we’re trying to make this process as safe as possible for both patrons and staff.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Healthy staff members- Daily temperature checks and frequent handwashing for all staff. Social distancing practiced while at work. Masks will be worn when in public areas.
- Clean materials- All books, DVDs, and audiobooks are quarantined for 72 hours and then covers are disinfected.
Here’s what we ask of you:
- Place your requests over the phone or with your online account. Staff will call you to let you know when your materials are ready for pickup.
- Once you arrive, call the library to let them know. You’ll need to give them your library card number so that the items can be checked out on your card.
- Wait inside your vehicle until the staff member has brought out your materials, placed them on the table or bench for pickup, and then returned inside the building. Staff will not come out of the buildings if you are outside your vehicle.
- If you have any items to return, please do so in our book drops. Returns should not be left on the pickup tables.
A few other things to let you know about:
- At this time, we do not have any plans to begin curbside printing, faxing, or other library services. You also will not be able to come inside to use library computers during Phase 1.
- Since the buildings are still closed, due dates will be extended. Any items due between March 9th and now will now be due on July 6th. Fines will not accumulate until that date as well.
- Summer Reading is coming soon! “Imagine Your Story” with the library June 15th through July 24th. More information will be coming in a future newsletter.
As always, I want to thank you all for your patience and cooperation as we try to navigate how best to serve you during this time.
Director, Caroline County Library