Perterson’s Career Prep is a robust resource is being created in partnership between Gale and Peterson’s. It provides users with online career guidance center that walks users through the job-search process from beginning to end. It brings together all the tools needed to explore and take the leap to a new career. Including these features:
- Personalize career assessments focused on a user’s interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences
- Comprehensive career information including videos, articles, best practices, and downloadable worksheets
- Job searching capabilities via integration with Indeed.com that matches listing based on a user’s assessment results
- Resume editing software powered by VisualCV Resume Creator that provides 5,000 resume templates and cover letter samples
The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative (ELI) is a global thought leader dedicated to expanding human potential through entrepreneurial mindset education.
ELI hosts this self-paced, modular curriculum for entrepreneurs based on The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program (Original Edition) is designed for a broad audience cultivating entrepreneurial thought and process.
Participants will consume video content, discuss and apply core concepts, engage in the entrepreneurial process, and reflect individually. As a result, participants will become more empowered and engaged by:
- Developing entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills
- Identifying social and situational factors that encourage or inhibit entrepreneurial behavior
- Identifying, evaluating, and validating opportunities in ambiguous, real-world circumstances
- Identifying and interacting with entrepreneurs who provide critical guidance and ongoing support
For just in time learning for the working professional, Accel5 Business Library features
- Short videos on topics including:
- business competencies
- leadership and management
- personal effectiveness
- Summaries for business and leadership books
- Articles by industry leaders on current working world issues
Without creating an individual account: https://www.accel-5.com/learn/sign_in?client=library-of-virginia
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: V1rgin1a (note the numeral 1 in place of the letter i for the first and last instance of i)
Creating an individual account: https://www.accel-5.com/library-of-virginia/f1adb1cd-708e-4c4c-8ebf-afbe3974998c
- You will need to provide: an email address and create a password. A validation code will be sent to the email before access is granted.
Benefits of creating an individual account: keeping your place in publications, tracking what you’ve read, Accel5 promoting items that match to what you’ve already viewed.