December 7, 2020 Curbside Service Continues
Good morning everyone,
Although we had originally planned to end our curbside service last Friday, the response we got from our patrons has made us reconsider. We’ve decided to continue curbside until further notice. This service will be available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm at the Bowling Green, Dawn, and Ladysmith branches. We’re sorry, but we won’t be able to provide curbside service at the Port Royal branch at this time.
How Curbside Works:
For Books and Other Library Materials
- Place your requests over the phone or with your online account. Staff will call you to let you know when your materials are ready for pickup.
- Once you arrive, call the library to let them know. You’ll need to give them your library card number so that the items can be checked out on your card.
- Wait inside your vehicle until the staff member has brought out your materials, placed them on the table or bench for pickup, and then returned inside the building. Staff will not come out of the buildings if you are outside your vehicle.
- If you have any items to return, please do so in our book drops. Returns should not be left on the pickup tables.
For Copying and Faxing (at Bowling Green and Ladysmith only)
- Please note: printing from an electronic source can only be done through an email attachment. Staff will not search the web for items you’d like printed.
- When you arrive at the branch, call to let them know that you need to have a copy made or a fax sent. A staff member will let you know the cost and what email address to send the attachment to, if necessary.
- Place the item to be faxed or copied on the pickup table along with the cost of your service. It is a good idea to also leave your phone number so that we can call you if there’s an issue. Staff will come out to pick these items up.
- Once the fax is sent or the copies are made, staff will return all items to the pickup table as well as any change.
- If you have any questions, feel free to call back to the branch.
A few other things to let you know about:
- Since the buildings are closed, fines will not accumulate until we reopen. However, please feel free to return library materials in our book drops before then if you wish.
- New Story Time and STEAM to Go Kits will be available soon! You’ll be able to pick these up through our curbside service.
- Wi-Fi is available in the front parking lots of all branches. Access information is posted on the door to each branch.
- Any information on reopening will be posted on the Caroline County website at https://co.caroline.va.us and on the library’s website at www.carolinelibrary.org.
Again, I thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Director, Caroline County Library