Bowling Green Reopens TODAY
BOWLING GREEN BRANCH REOPENING
Good morning everyone!
I’m glad to finally be able to say that all Caroline County Library branches are now open to the public! The Bowling Green branch reopens today, Monday, May 3rd. Like the Dawn and Ladysmith branches, they will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Citizens will be expected to comply with state and local safety guidelines, including social distancing and wearing masks when inside library branches.
Although the vaccination clinics have moved to the Dominion Raceway for the most part, there will still be a few days that Bowling Green will need to close when they return to the Community Services Center. The closures will not affect service at the other library branches. The branch will be closed on Monday, May 17th and Monday, June 14th. These dates are subject to change so please check our website or Facebook page for the latest updates.
As a reminder, please note the following reopening safety measures:
What to Expect When We Reopen:
- Plexiglas dividers at circulation desks
- Social distancing markers on the floor
- Hand sanitizer stations around the library
- All staff wearing masks
- Fewer computer stations available in our computer labs
We’ll also be continuing curbside pickup and the three-day quarantine of all returned materials.
What We’re Asking from You:
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patrons and library staff.
- All patrons over the age of 5 must wear a cloth face covering when inside the library. If you cannot or choose not to wear a mask, we ask that you please use our curbside service or call to make special arrangements for computer use.
- Call your local branch to make an appointment to use our computers. We cannot guarantee that a computer will be available unless you have an appointment.
- If you have any library items out, now is the time to return them! However, you won’t be able to return library books at the circulation desk. Please use the outside book drops or other designated return containers.
- Hold on to any items you wish to donate to the library. We won’t be accepting donations until later in our reopening process.
We look forward to seeing you back in the library soon!
Director, Caroline County Library