Good morning everyone!
Here are some updates on what’s going on with Caroline County Library!
Storytime and STEAM To Go Kits
The next sets of story time and STEAM activity kits are now available! The book for our story time kit is This is a Moose by Richard T. Morris and includes a moose-themed craft for kids up to 5 years old. For the older kids, you can build a parachute with one of our STEAM kits! Stop by any of our branches to pick one up today!
In previous years, only the Dawn and Port Royal branches were closed for Election Day because they are polling places. This year, the Virginia General Assembly voted to make Election Day a state holiday. Therefore, the Caroline County Library and all its branches will be closed on Tuesday, November 3rd. The Dawn and Port Royal branches will be closed on Wednesday, November 4th for additional cleaning. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
OverDrive app for ChromeOS
OverDrive just announced that they will be discontinuing support for the Chrome Web Store’s version of the OverDrive app effective November 20th. Patrons will no longer be able to download this version of the app after that date, but will be directed to download the app through the Google Play Store. Users who have already downloaded the Chrome Web Store’s version can continue to use it, but OverDrive will only be able to provide limited troubleshooting help. Please contact the library if you have any questions.
We are still in Phase 3 of the governor’s reopening plan. This means that we will remain at our limited hours for the time being. Here are a few other reminders of our Phase 3 services:
- All returns should be placed in book drops outside of the library. Materials will not be accepted inside the branches.
- All returns are held in quarantine for one week after they are retrieved from the book drop. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to stop our automated system from sending due date and overdue notices for materials that are in quarantine. As long as you have returned items to the book drop by the due date, no late fines will be charged to your account.
- Donations are not accepted at any library branches. There is not a good way to disinfect books and other materials without damaging them at this time. Please hold on to your donations or feel free to donate them to another organization.
- Services like notary and one-on-one computer help are still not available unless it can be done in a socially distant manner.
- Seating inside the library is extremely limited or not available because of social distancing requirements. Call ahead to your branch if you’re not sure if tables are available.
Have a great week!