CAROLINE LIBRARY REOPENING MONDAY, JULY 6TH
After being closed for more than 3 months, the library is reopening today to our patrons! The Bowling Green, Dawn, and Ladysmith branches will be open with limited hours- 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday- and the Port Royal branch will be open for their normal hours Monday through Thursday. Not all of our services will be available at first, like one-on-one computer assistance or notary services, so please call us if you have any questions.
We’ve been working hard to make our branches as safe as we can, so be prepared for a few changes when you reenter your favorite branch.
What to Expect:
- Plexiglass dividers at circulation desks
- Social distancing markers on the floor
- Hand sanitizer stations around the library
- All staff wearing masks unless they’re behind a divider
- Fewer computer stations available in our computer labs
We’ll also be continuing curbside pickup and the three-day quarantine of all returned materials.
What We’re Asking from You:
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patrons and library staff.
- All patrons over the age of 10 must wear a cloth face covering when inside the library.
- Call your local branch to make an appointment to use our computers.
- If you have any library items out, now is the time to return them! However, you won’t be able to return library books at the circulation desk. Please use the outside book drops or other designated return containers.
- Hold on to any items you wish to donate to the library. We won’t be accepting donations until later in our reopening process.
A note about late fees:
If you had items out that were due on March 9th or after, you may have noticed that your items were renewed until July 6th. We won’t be renewing those items any longer, but you’ll have until July 17th to return them without incurring any late fees. If you have items that were due before March 9th, those items have not been renewed, but no late fees were added on while we were closed. Please return those items as soon as possible to avoid additional fees from accruing.
We’re looking forward to seeing you all again at the library soon!